ICT Infrastructure Maintenance and Management Department (ICTIMMD) has been formed to facilitate a sustainable IT environment in Bangladesh Bank (BB). The objective of this department is to ensure smooth operation of automated ICT services. The department is responsible for ensuring quality ICT related supports to the users of BB. ICTIMMD is also entrusted with the responsibility of conducting technological implementation of various national level critical operations such as Real-time Gross Settlement (RTGS), Bangladesh Automated Clearing House (BACH), National Payment Switch (NPS), and CIB online, Foreign Exchange Transaction Monitoring System (FXTMS) etc.
In addition, the department involves developing and maintaining of ICT security policies for BB and guidelines for Banks and Non-Bank Financial Institutions (NBFIs). It conducts audit/inspection of ICT Infrastructures related activities of BB, all other banks and NBFIs as well. Moreover, the department collects information related to fraudulent practice and security threats (from different banks and financial institutions) and assists taking appropriate measure to prevent such malicious activities.
The department coordinates with the ICT Division of Ministry of Posts, Telecommunications and Information Technology, Bangladesh Computer Council (BCC) for the Cyber Security related issues. It also collaborates with government and non-government organization to automate their functionalities.
The departmental activities has been divided into mainly 8 distinct wings named:
1. Critical Operation Management Wing
2. Server and Storage Management and Maintenance Wing
3. Network Management and Maintenance Wing
4. End User Device and Helpdesk Management and Maintenance Wing
5. ICT Infrastructure Monitoring and Emergency Response Management wing
6. ICT General Services (Hardware and Infrastructure) Wing
7. Infrastructure Compliance Wing
8. ICT Hardware Inventory and Disposals Wing