Expenditure Management Department-2
|Name & Designation||Telephone||Fax|
|Kazi Sayedur RahmanDeputy Governor||880-2-9530401||--|
|Joarder Israil HossainExecutive Director||880-2-9530419||880-2-9530440|
|Md. Rafiqul IslamGeneral Manager (G)||880-2-9530100||--|
Brief description of the functions of various sections of EMD-2 are outlined below :
(1) GM Section
- Receiving the upcoming different letters;
- Inward all letters;
- Communicate with different departments.
(2) General Section
- General Administration of the Department;
- Compliance of Internal, External and Commercial Audit memos;
- Posting Voucher in the ledger of different sections;
- Maintaining ICT security related documents;
- Arranging Departmental monthly meeting;
- Provide support for strategic planning of the department;
- Distributing Inwards letters among the sections of the department.
(3) Miscellaneous Payment Section
- Payment of donation and subscriptions to local and foreign Institutions;
- Arrangement for supply of liveries to eligible C & D category staff;
- Payment of coolie/ labour charges, washing charges etc.
- Payment of paper bills, legal bills, advertisement bills, postal/courier bills, late sitting bills of officers and cleaning contractor’s bills;
- Payment of advance for buying presentation and refreshments for the employees of the bank who proceeded on PRL;
- Payment of local conveyance, pocket money, hotel bills etc. for training purposes;
- Payment of all sorts of honorarium;
- Payment all sorts of entertainment / refreshment bills and shifting charges;
- Payment of salary of Ornate MLSS, Ornate guard, Ornate Telephone operator and bonus of Ornate MLSS, Ornate guard;
- Payment of course fees of locally and abroad;
- Supply of all sorts of crockery’s, office bags and briefcases;
- Payment of bills relating to training conducted by BBTA and other departments of Head Office held in branch offices;
- Reimbursement of cost incurred by high officials for maintenance of cars;
- Reimbursement of cost for carrying dead body and burial purposes;
- Supply of Aerosol, Air Freshener, Car scent, Facial and Toilet Tissues etc. ;
- Maintenance of petty Cash;
- Submit monthly vat statement to NBR.
(4) Dead Stock and Stationery Section
- Enlist farms to supply stationery articles and office furniture for Head Office;
- Procure & pay bills, then maintain record of all dead stock and stationery items;
- Fixture, repair & maintain furniture of Head Office;
- Disposal / sale of old / broken dead stock articles by auction;
- Supply of all sorts of stationery articles to staff / officers;
- Allotment of code numbers for new registers, forms, stationery articles etc.
- Supply and fixture vertical blind and curtain;
- Allocate budget and pay bills for the publications published by DCP;
- Supply of all sorts of printed items by printing to Head Office;
- Supply of Issue dept. stores goods to all branch offices;
- Submit monthly vat statement to NBR.
(5) Telephone Section
- Arrangement for connection and installation of official / residential / PABX / Direct Telephones, Fax, SWIFT net connectivity etc. ;
- Procurement of Land Telephone / Mobile set / Fax / Franking machines and related accessories;
- Repairing of Telephone, Fax etc. ;
- Payment of monthly Mobile / Telephone / Fax / Internet bills;
- Maintenance of PABX and Intercom system.
(6) Medical Bill Section
- Preparing and distributing cheque of monthly medical allowance for the retired staff / officers;
- Payment of Health Insurance Bills in case of foreign tour / training.
(7) Expenditure Section
- Pest control related work of Head and branch offices;
- Sanction of Death Benefits and Compassionate Allowances for the members of the deceased employees of branch offices ( other than Head Office);
- Payment of Medical Allowance to retired employees.
(8) Safeguard Section
- Perform safeguard checking for payments made to external vendors;
- Mandatory checking of contractor’s bill amount Tk. 10,000/- and above;
- Sample checking of pay and allowances given to Bangladesh Bank employees on monthly basis.
(9) Pantri Section
- Supply of different kinds of refreshment to departmental meeting and other occasion with different stake holder.