Foreign Exchange Policy Department firstname.lastname@example.org
|Name & Designation||Telephone||Fax|
|Ahmed JamalDeputy Governor||880-2-9530412, 880-2-9530422||880-2-9511552|
|Mohd. Humayun KabirExecutive Director||880-2-9530413||--|
|Kazi Rafiqul HassanGeneral Manager (G)||880-2-9530123||--|
The FEPD is responsible for formulating and implementing policies related to foreign exchange and makes institutional arrangements for receipts and payments and settlements with the external world in terms of the authority vested in Bangladesh Bank by the Foreign Exchange Regulation (FER) Act. 1947 as adapted in Bangladesh specifically,01. It sets the criteria and conditions for holding and dealing in foreign exchange by resident entities and issues licenses to Authorised Dealers and Money Changers.
02. It sets supervisory and monitoring guidelines for offsite and onsite supervision of foreign exchange transactions and formulates & implements instructions regulating inflows and outflows on external settlements in both the current and capital accounts, including external borrowings and amortization payments.
03. It formulates policies and makes institutional arrangements in regards to exchange rates.
04. It maintains liaison between the Bangladesh Government and foreign bilateral/multilateral agencies on the issues of
����(I) external trade
����(II) receipt and utilization of official grants/Loans
����(III) private inflows of remittances, etc.
05. It initiates legal proceedings to address violations of Foreign Exchange Regulation Act-1947 as adapted in Bangladesh.
06. It monitors reporting of foreign exchange receipts against exported goods and receipt of goods against payment��from Bangladesh.
07. It supervises and monitors Authorised Dealers (AD) and ensures compliance of ADs with the prudential supervisory limits on their open exchange positions.