Department of Banking Inspection 3 firstname.lastname@example.org
|Name & Designation||Telephone||Fax|
|A.K.M Sajedur Rahman KhanDeputy Governor|
|Gobinda Lal GaineExecutive Director|
|Asim Kumar ChowdhuryDirector (DBI-3)|
Bangladesh Bank regulates and supervises the banking companies and financial institutions of the country vide Article 7A(f) of Bangladesh Bank Order, 1972 and Section 44 of the Bank Companies Act, 1991.
Department of Banking Inspection-3 supervises the activities of the following 11 Private Commercial Banks (PCBs):
|01||AB Bank Limited||02||Bengal Commercial Bank Limited||03||Bank Asia Limited|
|04||Dutch-Bangla Bank Limited||05||IFIC Bank PLC||06||National Credit & Commerce Bank Limited|
|07||NRB Commercial Bank Ltd||08||Premier Bank Limited||09||Prime Bank Limited|
|10||South Bangla Agriculture and Commerce Bank Limited||11||Uttara Bank PLC|
This department examines the books of accounts and related documents/records of these banks on sample basis in order to ascertain their financial soundness, quality of portfolios, management efficiency and risk exposure so that their operations cannot be detrimental to depositors' interest and to the economy as a whole.
- This department conducts following types of inspections:
- a) Comprehensive/Regular/Traditional Inspection
- b) Core Risk Inspection, and
- c) Special inspection.
- a. Comprehensive Inspection
- Comprehensive inspections are conducted by this department as per inspection program prepared annually. Some key areas of comprehensive inspection are:
- I. Evaluation of assets giving emphasis on classification and provisioning;
- II. Assessment of regulatory capital requirement;
- III. Verification of window-dressing relating to profit;
- IV. Review of liquidity position;
- V. Evaluation of loan operation;
- VI. In-depth analysis of large loans and concentration of credit;
- VII. Detection of fraud, forgery, and actions taken against thereof;
- VIII. Evaluation of quality of corporate governance and customer services; and
- IX. Compliance with various guidelines/instructions/circulars issued by Bangladesh Bank as well as other
regulatory authorities (e.g. Ministry of Finance, National Board of Revenue, Registrar of Joint Stock Companies and Firms, Bangladesh Securities and Exchange Commission, etc.).
- b. Core Risk Inspection
- This department conducts risk based inspections covering following key risk areas:
- I. Credit Risk Management (CRM);
- II. Internal Control and Compliance (ICC);
- III. Asset-Liability Management (ALM);
- IV. Information and Communication Technology (ICT).
- c. Special Inspection
- Special inspections are carried out in addition to routine inspection programs as per requirements, ie: requirements from other
epartments (ie. BRPD, DOS etc.), instructions from higher authority etc.