Banking Regulation and Policy Department email@example.com
|Name & Designation||Telephone||Fax|
|Kazi Sayedur RahmanDeputy Governor||880-2-9530401||--|
|Abu Farah Md. NaserExecutive Director||880-2-9530252||880-2-9530465|
|Md. Nazrul IslamGeneral Manager (G)||880-2-9530252||880-2-9530084|
This department is basically responsible for issuance of prudential regulations and guidelines to ensure a sound and stable banking system. The major areas covered are:
- Review and drafting of banking statutes.
- Determination of bank rate, capital adequacy requirements, asset classification and provisioning standard .
- Prescribing Criteria for corporate governance and insider lending and monitoring thereof.
- Setting criteria for internal control and risk management system of banks and monitoring thereof.
- Determination of accounting standards and disclosure requirements for banks.
- Issuance of license for opening of new bank and new business center of existing banks.
- Effecting disciplinary action against Board of Directors/CEO of banks.
- Monitoring of law suits lodged by and against banks relating to recovery of loans.
- Attending to works relating to development of priority/special sectors of the economy.
- Issuance of directives and compliance thereof under the Banking Companies Act, 1991.