Financial Sector Support and Strategic Planning Department firstname.lastname@example.org
|Name & Designation||Telephone||Fax|
|Abu Farah Md. NasserDeputy Governor|
|Md. Awlad Hossain ChowdhuryExecutive Director|
|Subhash Chandra KirityDirector (FSSSPD)|
Financial Sector Support and Strategic Planning Department (FSSSPD) has been formed to perform the following functions:
(i) Preparation and implementation of Strategic Plan of Bangladesh Bank, (ii) management and implementation of Financial Sector Support Project (FSSP) and (iii) to coordinate ongoing support activities to the users of the systems implemented under CBSP. At present there are 26 officials of different designations to carry out the functions of the department. The department is housed in 17th floor of Annex-II building.
- The departmental activities has been divided into three distinct wings named-
- a) Financial Sector Support Project Wing (FSSPW),
- b) Systems Support and Administration Wing (SSAW) and Central Project Management Unit (CPMU),
- c) Strategic Planning Wing (SPW).
Functions of these wings are mentioned below-
- a) Financial Sector Support Project Wing (FSSPW):
- 1. Preparation, Revision And Obtaining Approval Of Technical Assistance Project Proforma/ Proposal (TPP), Project Appraisal Document, Project Operational Manual And Procurement Plan From Government, World Bank And BB Authority,
- 2. Signing Financial Agreement, Project Agreement, Subsidiary Loan Agreement, PFI Agreement, And Regular Update, Modification & Compliance Of These Agreements,
- 3. Prepare Bid Documents/REOI & RFP, Collect Concurrence From WB, Publish Bid Documents/REOI & RFP, Formulate Evaluation Committee, Prepare Evaluation Reports, Obtain Approval Of Appropriate Authority Of BB And Govt., And Contract Management,
- 4. Review And Formulate Long Term Finance Policies In Consultation With Related Departments,
- 5. Provide Technical Assistance To Support PFIs In Appraisal Skill, Risks Review Etc.,
- 6. Preparation, Revision And Obtain Approval Of Environmental And Social Risk Management Framework (ESMF) And Operations Manual For Long Term Financing Facilities From WB And BB Authority,
- 7. Conduct Workshops And Seminars With PFIs, Trade Bodies, And Associations In The Areas Of Environmental And Social Risk Management Framework (ESMF), Credit Appraisal, Monitoring And Supervision Of Funds,
- 8. Post Review Of Sub Projects (Both On-Site And Off-Site) Financed Under LTF,
- 9. Conduct Half Yearly Review Of Loan Pricing And Setting Up Rates For LTF,
- 10. Prepare And Submit Regulatory Reports To IMED, CGA, ERD, FID, WB, External Audit And Other Related Organization/Bodies,
- 11. Estimate Periodic Fund Requirement, Prepare Disbursement Requests And Send To WB, Follow Up And Ensure Fund Disbursement To The Project Account And Related Activities, Sending Request For Direct Payments, Maintain Client Connection,
- 12. Prepare Annual Budget For The Project And Obtain Approval From BB And Govt.,
- 13. Conduct Half Yearly Meeting Of Project Steering Committee And Implement The Policy Directives Accordingly.
This wing has been formed for management and implementation of Financial Sector Support Project (FSSP). FSSP is being implemented with the assistance of International Development Association (IDA) to improve financial market infrastructure, regulatory and oversight capacity of Bangladesh Bank and providing access to long term financing for manufacturing sector in Bangladesh for ensuring stability and greater resilience of the financial sector.
Major Functions of this wing are:
- b) Systems Support and Administration Wing (SSAW) and Central Project Management Unit (CPMU):
- 1. Coordinate Support Activities For Different User Groups Of Installed Business Applications Under CBSP,
- 2. Coordinate Among Departments And Offices Of BB At The Time Of Contingency,
- 3. Maintain And Operate Existing MOUs To Provide Employee Education And Other Related Tasks,
- 4. General And Administrative Tasks,
- 5. Monitor And Coordinate Activities Of All Ongoing Projects of Bangladesh Bank.
- c) Strategic Planning Wing (SPW):
- 1. Design Effective Monitoring And Evaluation (M&E) Framework To Ensure Proper Implementation Of Strategic Plan,
- 2. Facilitate Departments, Units, Cells And Offices To Prepare Operational Plan At Their Ends,
- 3. Review And Update Strategic/Operational Plan Time To Time,
- 4. Prepare Strategic Plan Implementation Progress Report (IPR) On Quarterly Basis,
- 5. Coordinate Various Initiatives To Ensure Organizational Development,
- 6. Arrange Annual Executive Retreat.